A new vacancy at Nasaem Khair Organization in Gaziantep for the following position:
Position: PSEA Senior Officer/ Preference for females
Nasaem Khair organization
Nasaem Khair organization (NKO) is a Turkish based humanitarian non-governmental organization that provide humanitarian aid in various sectors, Food Security and Livelihood, Shelter and Non-food Items, Education, WASH, Health and Protection. Nasaem Khair seeks to rebuild, enhance and develop society and focuses its works on the field of social development and human advancement.
Please visit https://nasaemkhair.org/eng to learn more.
Nasaem Khair is a humanitarian, independent and non-profit organization. Nasaem
Khair seeks to rebuild, enhance and develop society and focuses its works in the
field of social development and human advancement through:
- Providing humanitarian assistance in line with needs;
- Contribution to capacity building and human resources development;
- Supporting the educational and developmental process, raising awareness of the most vulnerable people and supporting the oppressed and the needy groups to achieve human dignity;
- We believe in joint actions; we work diligently to promote society, and we deal with those we serve in a spirit of love and empathy, as they deserve the best.
Job Overview / Summary:
The PSEA Sinor officer primary focus will be to support all NKO members (and through them, all NKO staff, and related personnel) to ensure continuous improvements in reinforcing protection from sexual exploitation and abuse. S/he will support NKO members and their programs to foster a work environment that prevents and protects against sexual exploitation and abuse. Under the overall supervision of the NKO programs manager, and in close collaboration with the protection program manager and gender focal points in the field. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and tracking the progress of the implementation of the global policy on Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Child Exploitation and Abuse (CGS).
- Conduct an assessment/review of the current programs to support prevention and response of sexual abuse and exploitation and make recommendations for improvements.
- Support staff to sign the Organization’s Code of Conduct, and PSEA papers.
- Provide awareness-raising sessions on SEA & Child Exploitation and Abuse for all staff and other personnel in the Organization on a regular basis, including for newcomers.
- Make appropriate recommendations to management on enhancing prevention strategies. This includes collecting and analyzing information on actual/potential risk factors for vulnerability to sexual exploitation and abuse and elaborating measures to address them.
- Ensure the development and implementation of a PSEA action plan; track the progress of all PSEA-related activities
- Support the protection and gender focal points technically and enhance communication and information sharing among them.
- Ensure that procedures to guard against the hiring of persons who have a record of SEA offenses are put in place and applied.
- Work with human resources personnel to include PSEA content in staff inductions, including all contractors, consultants, temporary staff, and casual laborers.
- Work with programme managers, and MEAL manager to establish community-level complaints mechanisms that facilitate reporting of concerns by beneficiaries
- Review MEAL tools and guidance to include PSEA and child safeguarding measures
- Represent NKO in all PSEA network meeting, and other relevant meetings. In addition, being the liaison between the Organization and the Inter-Agency Community Based Complaints Mechanism.
- Take appropriate measures to ensure safety and confidentiality for all reported CSG/SEA issues.
- Develop recommended referral, complaints and investigation structures in coordination with the NKO HR Team.
- Keep management up to date on PSEA and CSG measures taken and plans for future action.
- Receive complaints, reports, and questions about alleged acts of sexual exploitation and abuse committed by the organization’s personnel.
- Support regular data analysis, documentation of lessons learned and case studies and good practices in relation of PSEA standards.
Knowledge & Qualification
- Experience of participating in exercises which raise awareness on PSEA and on child safeguarding
- Experience of discussing child safeguarding measures with beneficiaries
- Knowledge of tools, resources on reporting concerns to help guide discussions on mechanisms that would work for beneficiaries
- Strong analytical, written and oral communications skills, as well as conceptual thinking.
- Experience working on issues related to Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA), Protection and/or Gender-based violence.
- Demonstrable skills in developing and conducting capacity building activities.
- Experience working with NGOs.
- Ability to collect, collate and analyses data in an efficient and effective manner.
- Proven ability to produce outputs independently with minimal supervision and guidance, while at the same time seeking innovative ways to integrate PSEA into ongoing programs.
- A minimum of 3-5 years related non-profit work experience, preferably in the field of humanitarian aid and program management.
- Required: English and Arabic Turkish
- Turkish (oral and written) is an asset.
IT & Equipment
- Proficient using of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and file sharing software;
General Qualities required:
- Written and spoken communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills and able to communicate with people at all levels, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary;
- Problem-solving and negotiation skills;
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas;
- Organizational and planning skills;
- Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation;
Nasaem Khair is an equal opportunity employer whereby we ensure all hiring and employment decisions, and operates all programs, services, and functions without the practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Please apply by sharing your experience information with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH to the following link: https://forms.gle/1voV2JFsa1QPdoS78
- The deadline for submitting the applications is 15 Dec 21
Due to the urgency to fill this post, NKO reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged.
NKO is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.